Last night a great friend of mine and I were talking about how important it is to have something to look forward to. We are both stay at home moms, which we both love, however it can be very hard at times. Being a stay at home mom has so many wonderful advantages, although one of the disadvantages is not having that work social connection or paycheck (lol). At most of my previous jobs, I have become good friends with some of my coworkers. You enjoy going to lunch or breaktime w/ them and talking, going on business trips, having a work Christmas party, etc. In most of my previous jobs, I always had something to look forward to, for example, payday, vacation time, yearly bonus, promotions, business trip, days off, etc. So it's just as important to have things to look forward to while being a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong, everyday you get to wake up and be with your children is a day to look forward to! However, I just like to have a few small things to be looking forward to as well!
It is also important to have close friends & family you can talk to, and have a social connection.
I am in a MOMS Club, which is a great social connection! You meet other SAHM's, and do things w/ them throughout the week. This gives you a chance to talk to other adults, and gives the kids a chance to play with other children. Church is another great connection to have!
A Psychologist in a magazine I was reading once said, "having something to look forward too, is wonderful & important for your mental health, as well as your physical health, and will help you beat the winter blues." I totally agree with this!
So, I just thought I would share a few of the things I'm looking forward to, both big and small!
-Easter
I love reading books about Easter to Nathan, and getting goodies for his Easter basket!
Our MOMS Club is also having an Easter egg hunt/Easter party for the kids, this should be a
lot of fun too!
We will also hunt eggs w/ my niece, Kalyn, which Nathan loves to do!
-my book club meets tonight, so I'm excited about having a night out w/ the girls! :-)
-Going to Six Flags to see the new Thomas Town!
Nathan is a huge Thomas fan, so he is going to love the new Thomas the Train attraction at Six
Flags! I'll love riding some roller coasters! LOL
-Going to the beach this summer!
-Babies!
I have a ton of friends having babies this summer! I'm so excited for them all! I found out today
that my cousin is having TWINS!
-Our 10 year wedding anniversary this summer! WOW!
Ok, so I think that's enough postings for today, whew! When I say I'm going to catch up, I guess I mean it! (not when it comes to laundry though!) LOL
3/04/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
TAG girl! Go to my blog for details!!
10 years??? it doesn't even seem right! congrats. and i think you are right. having something to look forward to is so very important! good for you for remembering that!
I love all of your new posts. I just got all caught up. I agree that it's so great to have things to look forward to. I need to be more mindful of that! Glad you are all feeling better!
I'm a SAHM, too, and I couldn't agree more with you about having something to look forward to! I think I'd go crazy if I didn't! Staying at home is such a wonderful blessing but I'm such a better mommy when I have some "me" time and other adult interaction.
I enjoyed stopping by your blog! Your little boy is precious!
I look forward to reading your blog!! I love your insights. I am also looking forward to the easter egg hunt on Friday!
Post a Comment